I just reached Buenos Aires for a week to help start a study on social
influences on sexual and social networks, and drug user networks, in a
poor neighborhood in a time of transition and turmoil.  We will be
working on the questionnaire over the next 2 or 3 months.

I would like any ideas on either Olga´s question or those raised by my
study.

Sam Friedman
National Development and Research Institutes
71 West 23d Street, 8th floor
New York, NY 10010
USA
1 212 845 4467
Fax 1 917 438 0894
>>> Olga Mayorova <[log in to unmask]> 01/28/03 14:45 PM >>>

Hello all,

Help needed. I have been trying to find citations supporting the
statement
that in times of social and economic transition individuals rely more on
their personal networks rather than on formal institutions in their
economic
activities, and in particular in job searches. But my efforts were
unsuccessful. From what I have found I got the impression that authors
assume it to be a well-known social fact and do not cite any important
works
that have provided support for it's truthfulness. Any help with
citations on
this topic will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Olga