We are currently using an online training course for our tutors who miss the training at the beginning of the term.  This is our first term, and students have the option of taking the training for credit or for pay.  The key benefit is that we can reduce costs by offering the credit option, and that there is a great deal of time flexibility for busy students and administrators.  The online course is flexible within the term, and I enrol as needed.  You're welcome to contact me off-list for more information.

Kim Aslett
Research Assistant for Online Learning
Learning Centre
Lake Superior State University