Certainly there are privacy issues with Google's cookies and toolbar.  But
what really worries me are the privacy issues with its database.  It's one
of the largest databases ever, is public, and may be accessed in
milliseconds for free.  Such information transparency is unprecedented.  Two
years ago I developed a tool for mapping nascent markets using Google's
"related" tag.  The tool generated social nets of companies.  However, since
Google mines everything from corporate ads to personal home pages, the same
tool may be used to discover personal relations.  For additional info on the
tool see the links below.

Doug Bryan
http://pavg.stanford.edu/people/bryan

"Mapping vendor spaces using high-level relations," Doug Bryan, Society of
Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) 1st Intl. Conf. on Data Mining,
workshop on Web Mining, April 2001.
http://pavg.stanford.edu/people/bryan/VS_SDM2001.pdf

Some screen shots from the "vendor spaces" tool.  Keep in mind that this is
a research prototype; namely, the graphs have not been reduced to increase
readability.
http://pavg.stanford.edu/people/bryan/VS_screen_shots.pdf

A short note on how the vendor spaces tool can be used to produce social
nets of people.
http://pavg.stanford.edu/people/bryan/VS_Minsky.pdf