I was called to verify a possible sighting of a Great White Heron at Hobe
Sound National Wildlife Refuge.  The bird had originally been sighted on Feb.
22nd and then re-found on March 8th by Greg Braun Ex. Director of Martin
County Audubon.
Flip and I went over on March 9th and found the heron perched in a stand of
Australian Pines north of the stairs from the HSNC Nature Center Classrooms
down to the beach on the ICW.  The bird has been seen in the A. Pines and on
docks along the ICW.  This is a rare sighting for Martin County.
From Sandsprit Park we spotted 1 Bonaparte's and 1 adult Lesser Black-Backed
Gull. In a live oak nearby we had a G. Crested flycatcher singing and a
Yellow-throated warbler.

Soo Whiting and Flip Harrington, Stuart, FL (Martin County)