Hi.  Just a quick note to say that my daughter has just been walking on the
beach in Vero Beach.  She walked no more than a mile south of the Moorings
beach, and in that mile, she found 3 dead adult Gannets, one still quite
alert but obviously sick or starving adult Gannet, sitting on the beach, and
one other adult Gannet starting to float in towards the beach.  Does anyone
here know what could be causing that, and is there anything one can do to try
to help the Gannets on the beach that haven't died yet?  We assume not.  Two
days ago, my husband and daughter counted about 500 Gannets offshore, some
very close to shore.  What is going on?!  We would appreciate any input that
any of you may have.

Kathie Preston
Vero Beach, FL