Sandy,

If the specimen can't be delivered to a pathologist within, say, 96 hours,
what's the best plan... sitting (and potentially rotting) in the 'fridge or
freezing?  And (without intending to be confrontational) exactly what is
going to be lost if the specimen is frozen?  Is it likely that evidence
would actually be lost (fungal spores...??), or would necropsy simply be
less convenient?

I'm asking because I've always been told to freeze the buggers...

David Wright
Miami Shores