Hi Folks:
       After a week of having to stay home, I was itching to get out for some
early spring birding in the neighborhood. I expected spring to be cutting
loose with some early migration. Not so. Noel Wamer's radar report said not
much happening last night, and I would agree. But I did  try to stir things
up a bit. I pished up a storm, in my favorite haunts, and some of the
wintering birds showed up. A great list of birds, the "to be expected"
variety, and some not so common ones. Lox had a Yellow Warbler that had its
full component of spring color, and a Least Flycatcher was hanging out in the
same patch, like it was last month. I pished in a Marsh Wren. The bird got
one look at me and disappeared back into the reeds. Nice raptor list, though
nothing unusual. At Trade Winds I sat with the Limpkins for awhile and got
the local Spot-breasted Oriole. The feral Mallards were hanging out with a
flock of Mottled. Had a Blue-headed Vireo join me for awhile while I marveled
at butterfly's from a distance, as I scanned Butterfly World for the wild
variety hummingbirds. There were several Palm Warblers and only one
Yellow-rumped. I still marvel at YR numbers this winter's past.
Cedar Waxwings flew over.
Matt Reid
Coral Springs, Fl