My Great-Crested Flycatcher (both are not here yet) just arrived "home"
yesterday at 10:22 AM!!!  I was sitting in my yard, watching the Chipping
Sparrows and how they have a pecking order at the feeders, when that
wonderful sound entered my ears for the first time this spring!  I am
delighted because mine also nest in my yard, not secretively at all.  I have
a chain that runs from just under the nest box to the fence that holds about
20 windchimes.  Every time the GCFL landed at the nestbox I knew because I
heard the chimes ring.  They never minded the chimes.  I got wonderful video
and photos of them going in and out for 2 months building, nesting, feeding.
I got to watch the one thing I had learned in school that amazed me:  the
male does not do any of the building.  He does not carry one single strand of
material BUT he does accompany the female on every single trip she makes to
go get the material.

Meret Wilson
Ormond Beach, FL