Hi Folks:
Today was a day of birding between errands that spanned two counties. It was
slow birding, but the sive is on. A couple of nice ones trickled out. In fact
a very bautiful male Prothonatary was at Trade Winds Park, Coral Springs, in
the wetlands on the N side of the park. I managed to see seven other warbler
species spread over several other parks and miles. Nothing real unusual. The
other neat bird was a Summer Tanager. This was also at Trade Winds on the S
side near Butterfly World. I might have seen the same bird the other day when
it bolted by, lightning speed. The flooded meadows in the pasture lands E of
Loxahatchee on Lox Rd had a few shorebirds, so did Hypuluxa and SR7. Nothing
unusual, but good numbers of Black-necked Stilt and yellowlegs. Otherwise, a
beutiful spring day.
Matt Reid
Coral Springs, Fl