All,

I am interested in understanding the accuracy of individuals' reports of social affiliation.   I use a sociometric procedure
where I ask children to name the children they "hang around with".  I supply participants with a complete roster of the children in
their grade at school, and allow an unlimited number of nominations.

Can anyone describe related research (other than that cited in Wassermann & Faust, p. 57)  that has examined the reliability/ accuracy
of this type of data collection methodology? Also, any information about the reliability/ accuracy of data collected by asking individuals
about the affiliation patterns of others (e.g.,  "tell me who hangs around together") would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Michael