Hi,
     There are two operationalizations in my paper in the American
Sociological Review in 1992, "Social Networks and Organizational
Dynamics."  Definitely not a review paper.  There are some references
contained in the 2001 Annual Review of Sociology chapter on homophily in
social networks.
 Miller
********************************        *
Miller McPherson                     *  *
Professor of Sociology               ******
University of Arizona                   *

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, [iso-8859-1] [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking for ref. about how to operazionalize the strong/weak ties dimension. Apart from the classic Granovetters GAJ, is there anything else? Review articles are particularly welcome!
> best
> filippo barbera

Miller McPherson                     *  *
Professor of Sociology               ******
University of Arizona                   *