I have just been reading some of Burt's work on key players in Networks. I
have been doing some analysis of some social networks using Pajek and have
noted the hubs and authorities option. I also have downloaded the "Key
Player" programme. Unfortunately I can't find much documentation and
frankly can't understand the results I'm getting. Burt talks about the
advantaged position the boundary spanners have...or those spanning
structural holes. My matrix isn't symmetric...have interviewed about 50
people who have nominated around 120 contacts. Not sure if these functions
work on non-symetric matrices.

I'm still pretty much a beginner in detailed SNA analysis so pls excuse the
basic nature of the question.

Laurence Lock Lee