I will be teaching a short course on social network analysis later this
semester, and I have a question:  what are the coolest classroom exercises
that you have used to illuminate network concepts?  One example:  Barry
Wellman has students analyze the origins and destinations of their e-mails
for a discrete period of time to illustrate some ideas about distance,
e-mail, and social networks.  Clearly social network analysis has direct
applicability to people's lives, and there is a great pedagogical
opportunity to tap into that.  I have some ideas, but would like to hear
what other people have done.

Thanks.

David