Here's an interesting para. from Tim Berners-Lee's website.
Tim, as you probably know, was the prime inventor of the original World
Wide Web, and still heads the web consortium.

 Barry

reportedly from Tim B-L's web site:

Speaking Engagements

I do few of these because of pressure of work and the detrimental
effects of travel. However, I do enjoy occasionally giving a keynote
address. If you have something you  seriously think I would be
interested in speaking at, please send email to [log in to unmask]
with details of the event, projected audience size and profile,
location and date. (Please do not contact mutual friends or family to
ask for a favor for your company, as that puts unfair pressure on
everyone. Just ask directly.)