Matt Bowler wrote:

> Fellow Socnetters, As scientists should we not focus on the social
> network issues in an independent manner rather than using this
> Listserv as a forum to promote an agenda?  The social network
> questions are intriguing and should be focused upon without
> propaganda. Matt

I tend to agree.  However, I would also note (vis a vis the comment to
which you were replying) that the mere fact that a poster is drawing
upon observations they have made via participation in one or another
element of this conflict does not render their comments "propaganda."
Although anecdotal, this information may provide some useful insights
which can be incorporated into subsequent research.  I am sure that
field observations from those involved with other communities would be
equally welcome....

-Carter