Filippo,

I can also think of another one measuring the "very strong" end of the
weak-strong dimension:

"Simmelian Ties: Super Strong and Sticky", (1998) in Roderick Kramer and
Margaret Neale (eds.) Power and Influence in Organizations. Thousand Oaks,
CA: Sage, pp. 21-38.

-David

--On Thursday, March 06, 2003 12:12 PM -0500 "Andrew V. Shipilov"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi Filippo,
>
> Check these references out:
>
> Rowley, T., Behrens, D., & Krackhardt, D. 2000 Redundant governance
> structures: An analysis of structural and relational embeddedness in the
> steel and semiconductor industry. Strategic Management Journal, 21:
> 369-386.
>
> Krackhardt, D. 1992 The strength of strong ties. In N. Nohria & R. Eccles
> (Eds.), Networks and Organizations: Structure, Form and Action. Boston,
> MA: Harvard Business School Press.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andrew

David Krackhardt, Professor of Organizations, editor of JoSS
     (Erdos#=2)
Academic Webpage:
     http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~krack/academic/default.html
JoSS webpage: