From: Ferry Koster [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 9:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Networks in the current global situation

Dear Ainhoa,
I must say that I was a bit surprised by this myself. Therefore, I'm glad
you try to start a discussion here about the current situation. However, I'm
not sure if the questions you raise are the most important ones. For
instance, the first one, concerning which network was nessecary for the
"coordination of protest", perhaps this is not really a matter of networks
(or at least not a very big thing). As far as I have seen, the people that
demonstrated wanted to express their feelings about this war. For a large
part, the only thing organized where the time, the place and some of the
speakers. My point is that it is possible that network theory does not have
a lot to say about this.
The other questions you raise are more suitable for network analysis in my
opinion. I was also wondering why you did not raise the question of if it is
possible to draw networkstructure that has led to this war. And, now that
things have started: can network theory help us understand and predict what
is going to happen next?
Take care,
Ferry