R. Suryaningsih wrote:
> I am writing a paper on The Rise of Network Studies as a field in
> Social Science.

Hmm.  Are we calling ourselves "Network Studies" now?  Perhaps I missed
that vote at the business meeting....

On a more serious note, you should certainly talk to Lin Freeman, who is
putting together a book on the history of network analysis.  He should
have the most up-to-date account of anyone at the moment.  Also, you
might want to check out some of the many citation studies conducted
within the field (e.g., Hummon, N. and K. Carley (1993). “Social
networks as normal science.” Social Networks, 15(1): 1-18, to pick a
semi-arbitrary example).

-Carter