From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On
Behalf Of Olivia Ip
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2003 7:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: TRADE UNION ON THE INTERNET?

Dear Socnetters,

I am trying to collect ideas and observations on the use of the internet as
an venue for organizing of workers' activities.
My hypothesis is that knowledge workers such as professional people are
more prone to communicate work-related matters via the web than blue-collar
workers.
Any idea or references are appreciated.

Olivia Ip
Department of Management
The City University of Hong Kong
Tat Chee Avenue
Kowloon Tong
Hong Kong Special Administration Region.

Tel: (852)27887953
Fax: (852)27887220
E-mail: [log in to unmask]