NYTimes article about SPM and "Strength of Weak Ties", 3/9/03

Hi everyone,

This is my first posting.  I joined the listserve a few weeks ago.  I am a
practitioner not an academic.

My organization, Software Product Marketing (SPM) eGroup is experimenting
with various internet-based social networking practices and software.

We were featured today in the Jobs section of the NYTimes
[NYTimes article "A Little Help From Friends of Friends", March 9, 2003 By
ANTHONY DePALMA]
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/09/jobs/09HOME.html
or go to our website to avoid the registration process
www.softwareproductmarketing.com.

If you are interested in  learning more about how we implemented "The
Strength of Weak Ties" on SPM and our plans for increasing participation by
adding identity/reputation there is additional relevant information in the
"About" and "Strength of Weak Ties" sections.
http://www.softwareproductmarketing.com/about_spm/default.asp
http://www.softwareproductmarketing.com/about_spm/pg-weak_ties.asp

Any comments, ideas, suggestions very much welcomed.

Cynthia
-------
Cynthia Typaldos | Typaldos Consulting
Software Marketing | Web Collaboration | Social Networking Software
Founder & President, Software Product Marketing eGroup
<http://www.softwareproductmarketing.com/>
Interview on About.com Entrepreneur section
<http://entrepreneurs.about.com/library/weekly/aa111302a.htm>Biography
<http://www.softwareproductmarketing.com/about_spm/pg-spm_team.asp?id=19>
Blog <http://typaldos.blogspot.com/>
Founder, RealCommunities 1998 | Co-Founder GolfWeb 1995
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> | 408 867-8875 (office) | 408
828-1370 (cell)
IM: buffypumpkinelsa | Saratoga, CA 95070
www.typaldos.com | Instructor: UC Berkeley Extension
"The way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to
appear, Socrates