Filippo & SocNet:
In response to the request for operationalization of strong/weak ties, I am attaching a copy of my article that was just published in a new journal, Strategic Organization  1(1), p. 7 entitled, "Patterns of Multidimensionality among Embedded Network Ties:  A Typology of Relational Embeddedness
in Emerging Entrepreneurial Firms."  This paper presents a typology of embedded ties (similar to strong ties) and encourages operationalization of the typology.  I hope this is useful.
Julie

Julie M. Hite
Brigham Young University
Dept. of Educational Leadership & Foundations
Provo, UT  84602
801-422-5039