At the network meetings in Cancun I did a presentation on a software
program called EgoNet.  The program is designed to make it easy to
create a study, collect personal network data, summarize the results and
create output files that can be loaded into other packages, such as SAS,
SPSS and adjacency matrices for UCINET.  The program is written in Java,
which is free, and can be run on multiple platforms.  The program does
not come with any preloaded questions - you create the questions based
on your interests.  This program is distributed freely at the following
web site:

http://survey.bebr.ufl.edu/EgoNet/

If you have any questions or comments I would like to hear them.  We
want to make improvements to this program and your ideas will be a big
part of that.

chris

Chris McCarty, Survey Director
University of Florida Survey Research Center
Bureau of Economic and Business Research
PO Box 117145
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL  32611-7145
Phone: (352) 392-2908 x101