At the network meetings in Cancun I did a presentation on a software program called EgoNet.  The program is designed to make it easy to create a study, collect personal network data, summarize the results and create output files that can be loaded into other packages, such as SAS, SPSS and adjacency matrices for UCINET.  The program is written in Java, which is free, and can be run on multiple platforms.  The program does not come with any preloaded questions – you create the questions based on your interests.  This program is distributed freely at the following web site:

http://survey.bebr.ufl.edu/EgoNet/

If you have any questions or comments I would like to hear them.  We want to make improvements to this program and your ideas will be a big part of that.

chris

Chris McCarty, Survey Director

University of Florida Survey Research Center

Bureau of Economic and Business Research

PO Box 117145

University of Florida

Gainesville, FL  32611-7145

Phone: (352) 392-2908 x101