Hi all.  My doctoral disseration from back in grad school did a
longitudinal organizational ecology style mortality analysis based upon
the route netowrk structure of the U.S. airline history.  I'd be happy to
send a copy to those interested.  It is also of course available via the
dissertation archive in Michigan.  Full citation is Marc-David Seidel,
1997.  Competitive Realignment in the U.S. Airline Industry.  University
of California at Berkeley Doctoral Dissertation.

Cheers,
Marc-David

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Doug Bryan wrote:

> Spoke & hub networks made a lot of money 20 years ago, but not now.  Why?
> What would be interested is a longitudinal study to correlate route network
> structure, market conditions, profits...
>
> Doug Bryan
> http://pavg.stanford.edu/people/bryan
> -- SNA, OD, and technology development consulting

Marc-David Seidel
McCombs School of Business
University of Texas at Austin
Department of Management
CBA 4.202
Austin, TX 78712
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

ABTolls:  http://abtolls.com
Airlines of the Web:  http://flyaow.com

-- "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
           -- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march
              of science, 1949

-- "Change is inevitable.  Except in vending machines and large
    organizations."
This e-mail and any attachments contain information which is private and
confidential and is intended for the addressee only and is not to be
forwarded or copied in any manner.  If you are not an addressee, you are
not authorized to read, copy or use the e-mail or any attachment.  If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return
e-mail and then destroy it.