Dear SOCNETers-

I am looking for articles (or researchers willing to talk to me) on how an
increase in connectivity between firms results in an "increase" in either
performance or sales within a given industry.

Here's a brief explanation on how this applies to social network research.
In the past couple of days I have seen several requests on this list for
articles on inter-firm networks. I am doing a research project on how
information technology might increase the connectivity of these networks:
enabling better sales performance, client management, or overall
productivity.

In summary, the overarching question I am trying to answer is: has an
increase in inter-firm connectivity (or overall relationship strength
between firms) been shown to have any quantifiable effect on how industries
operate?

Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Zaw Thet