Hi,

I believe you can find some network application on
studies of competition between hospitals via Min-Woong
Sohn's works, at:

http://health.bsd.uchicago.edu/sohn.research.html

Dr. Sohn also has one article in Social Networks,
trying to improve the operationalization of the idea
of "niche overlap", taking CA-area hospitals as an
example. You can find some other more conventional
measures like Burt's and others in it as well.

Hopt it helps!

Zongrong Lee

--- Karen Kramer <[log in to unmask]>