From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Duncan Branley
Sent: March 31, 2003 9:49 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Qualitative Software and Social Network Analysis

Thanks, Robert.

Perhaps I should have been a little clearer in my initial request.  I
use
NVivo a lot in my own research (sociology) and manage our site licence
for
it.  I've used NUD*IST a little and know about Atlas-TI and CDC's AnSWR.

What I know next to nothing about is Social Network Analysis Software.
I'm
glad that you are so familiar with QDA software.  Do you use it to
analyse
social networks and, if so, do you interface it with the graphical
networking capabilities of SNA software?

It may be, of course, that I'm misconstruing what SNA software can or
does
do.

Thanks,

Duncan

Duncan Branley  [log in to unmask]
  Applications Officer, Information Services
    Goldsmiths' College, University of London
      New Cross, LONDON  SE14 6NW
Tel: +44 (0)20 7919 7708  Fax: +44 (0)20 7919 7556