Hi All --
Thank you, Vladis, for the beautiful Lombardi models of social networks.
Not only are they informative, but they are elegant and aesthetic. Two
qualities of any good theory with utility.
This leads to an insight:
Instead of blasting the node data through deterministic mathematical
software as we currently do, what about using artificial intelligence to
guide the construction of these n dimensional "space shapes."
One initial approach might be to take Lombardi's methodology, interview
him, and treat him as the "knowledge expert" he is. Then run his rules
through an AI engine to create the network models (see his art).
After several interviews of other knowledge experts you might get a
Freeman, or Krackhardt, or a Weller model of the same data. I would
expect these reifications of these same data to be significantly
different form one another. What can we learn from this?
Cordially,
Roland Werner
PS. Any grad student taking this proposal seriously "and running with it"
should sent me a courtesy copy of their dissertation when done. Thank you
in advance.
Social Systems Simulation Group
PO Box 6904
San Diego, CA  92166-0904