> I was wondering if anyone was aware of any work done to record human
> conversations (like at a conference) for SNA?  I know there has been
> work done analyzing videos, but I was looking for other approaches.
> =20
> Thanks!
> =20
> Alex Kilpatrick

There is some early work being done in this area by Sandy Pentland and
his students at the Media Lab, in a project called "Reality Mining".

http://reality.media.mit.edu/

They are having people wear devices that record conversation and also
annotate it with contextual information.  Part of their analysis is to
explore social network formations.

- Judith Donath