Yes, Andrew quite a few SNA folks[many of them are on this list] are
working in this, or similar areas.  Here is a quick example of how SNA
was used with the spread of another airborne contagion: TB.

-- http://www.orgnet.com/contagion.html

There was a presentation on this TB outbreak at the most recent Sunbelt
by Mackenzie Andre of the CDC.

Valdis