Dear Hanna:

if you work on a macintosh, you might want to try our software. It's
Beta, but works well. It's called "RepTools" and we are offering it
at no cost for people who would like to try it out and give us
feedback on how it works.

RepTools allows you to draw, every object can be linked to a
database, and search results are visual. It comes with a pretty good
electronic manual, but no support!

We (originally developed by the Institute for Research on Learning
and Nynex Science & Technology) developed Reptools as a tool to
support qualitiatve ethnographic work by anthropologists. It sounds
likeit might be suitable for the problem you are working on.

If you (or anyone else on the list) is interested, please let me know
and we'll ship it off to you. Remember: Macintosh only right now!

Best regards,

Patricia Sachs

>>Dear SocNetters,
>>
>>I am looking for a network visualisation tool for
>>a non-mathematical analysis use. The primary target is
>>to identify the relevant actors and their relationships
>>in a surrounding network.
>>
>>I wish to sketch a network based on
>>qualitative and experience based data. So far
>>we have been sketching the network on a whiteboard
>>and we are now looking for a bit more sophisticated
>>technology to be used in the visualisation of networks.
>>
>>I would greatly appreciate it, if someone could
>>point me to a relevant source.
>>
>>Best regards, Hanna Lehtimäki.
>>

>>*** *** *** *** *** *** **
>>Dr Hanna Lehtimäki
>>Life Works Consulting Oy
>>Erkkilänkatu 11, 7.krs
>>33100 Tampere
>>FINLAND
>>
>>Phone: +358-3-2610 888
>>Fax: +358-3-2610 889
>>GSM: +358-40-7088872
>>
>>www.lifeworksconsulting.net
>>

>>*** *** *** *** *** *** **

>Dr. Joerg Raab
>Fachbereich Politik- und
>Verwaltungswissenschaft
>Fach D89
>Universitaet Konstanz
>D-78457 Konstanz

>Tel. ++49 (0)7531/88-3432, -2183
>Fax ++49 (0)7531/88-4411
>http://www.uni-konstanz.de/FuF/Verwiss/Seibel/Personen/raab.htm
>
>Raum C 306

SOCIAL SOLUTIONS
Work Systems Innovation & Design
Patricia Sachs, PhD
Founder/CEO
427 Casa del Mar Drive, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019

http://www.social-solutions.com
650.712.0555
650.712.1557  fax
650.255.2057 cell