You should see something like this in the message body:
----------------------------------
ListeningFrom=Where do you work?
Submit=Submit
----------------------------------
The form fields should be visable in the body of the message.  If you
can not see anything in the body of the message the form fields will not
be sent.
I do not know of any way to turn mailto: form actions off.

This is a form action that should not be used as it confuses users by
showing them an email and alarms them with "more-threatening-than-usual
... draconian error messages"
<http://artlung.com/lab/other/email-submission-stinks/>

Daniel Crisman

>>> [log in to unmask] 4/10/03 11:25 >>>
Recently I've had some people come to me because of problem forms on
other Internet sites. These are HTML forms, on submit the client
receives a pop up a message stating

This form is being submitted using e-mail.
Submitting this form will reveal your e-mail address to the recipient,
and will send the form data without encrypting it for privacy.

When they select "OK" the email program (Outlook or Groupwise) opens an
email with an address and a subject filled in.  However the information
from the form fields is not shown anywhere. The message area is blank.

I'm not familiar with this form action, should I tell these people to
change a setting somewhere? Or to send the email because the form
variables are passed in the background? How does this type of form
work?

Here's an example http://www.kiss1053.com/webcast.shtml

Thanks! This question has me curious,

Rachel Gibson