Recently I've had some people come to me because of problem forms on other Internet sites. These are HTML forms, on submit the client receives a pop up a message stating

This form is being submitted using e-mail.
Submitting this form will reveal your e-mail address to the recipient, and will send the form data without encrypting it for privacy.

When they select "OK" the email program (Outlook or Groupwise) opens an email with an address and a subject filled in.  However the information from the form fields is not shown anywhere. The message area is blank.

I'm not familiar with this form action, should I tell these people to change a setting somewhere? Or to send the email because the form variables are passed in the background? How does this type of form work?

Here's an example http://www.kiss1053.com/webcast.shtml

Thanks! This question has me curious,

Rachel Gibson
Corporate Web Developer