It's a question of appropriate tool for the
appropriate audience. If you have online faculty AND
online tutoring, then email may be an appropriate
marketing tool.

However, most faculty are innundated with email,
especially at the beginning of term. Adding to this,
does not help the image of the tutoring center.

IF you want students to physically come to the center,
then you need to be prepared to physically go to
faculty and student centers.  This may be at faculty
advisors meetings, staff meetings, coffee clutches.
We have offered free coffee and goodies to faculty and
staff during inservice time to bring them into the
tutoring center, just to shake hands, answer
questions, give a tour. Very informal.

We also target adjunct faculty, who may be the least
aware of our services.  We offer to come into their
classes at the beginning of term of 10 minutes. This
way we get both faculty and students.
--- tamara rury <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We were brainstorming ways to increase the awareness
> of our tutoring
> services for the fall and encourage faculty to refer
> students to us.
> One of the ideas I had was to send an email out to
> the faculty/staff and
> introduce the tutors for the year.  We came up with
> both positive and
> possibly negative reactions to this on campus.
> Hence, I am looking for
> other people's input.  Has anyone done/tried
> anything similar to this in
> the past?  If so, what was the reaction?
>
> If you would like to respond privately my email is
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Tamara Rury
> Director, Academic Development
> St. Thomas Aquinas College
> 845-398-4093
>
> To unsubscribe,send a message to
> In body type: SIGNOFF LRNASST-L
>
> To access LRNASST-L archives,point your web browser
> to http://www.lists.ufl.edu/archives/lrnasst-l.html
>
> To subscribe, send email to [log in to unmask]
> Leave subject blank.In body type: subscribe
> LRNASST-L
>
> To contact list owner,email [log in to unmask]

=====
Lucy Tribble MacDonald
Preparing Tomorrow's Teachers to use Technology (PT3) Coordinator
Chemeketa Community College
4000 Lancaster Dr. NE
Salem, OR 97305
503-399-6376