You might look at Educational Activities software, which you can buy as a whole system or CUSTOMIZE to meet your needs. It is not as expensive as Plato and more flexible.  We use it at Chemeketa Community College in our reading classes, both as tutorial and as a exit criteria. It is available as on the web as well as locally on a network or individually on cdrom.  Students like it, which is always a good recommendation.

Contact Alan Stern for the NEW website address :

Lucy MacDonald

Chemeketa Community College

Salem, OR

[log in to unmask] wrote:
We are needing to replace our Learning Plus software since they no longer
provide support. I have been looking at information on PLATO. If you are
using this resource, would you recommend it? I am looking for something to
use with our general population and to help teacher ed majors to prepare for
their PPST.

Thanks,
Peggy Underwood
Director, Student Academic Achievement Center
Grace College
200 Seminary Dr.
Winona Lake, IN 46590
1-574-372-5100 Ext. 6422

In body type: SIGNOFF LRNASST-L

Lucy Tribble MacDonald
Preparing Tomorrow's Teachers to use Technology (PT3) Coordinator
Chemeketa Community College
4000 Lancaster Dr. NE
Salem, OR 97305
503-399-6376