>Kathy-

Is the spring 2003 NCLCA newsletter online or in e-form?  I think some of
us would be interested in the article if you could share?  Thanks!

______________________________

Lydia Stawasz Soleil, Ph.D.
Associate Director
Instructional Resources Center
University of California, Irvine
Building 603
Irvine, CA 92697-4150
(949) 824-6307
Office: (949) 824-1385
FAX: (949) 824-2989
http://www.irc.uci.edu

>I just read a great article in the Spring 2003 NCLCA newsletter by Dr.
>Karen Agee that listed reasons why students don't read and strategies
>appropriate to each reason.
>
>In this article, "Syllabus Dissection" was mentioned as an effective tool
>for students.
>
>Does anyone have a standard "worksheet" that they have used to assist
>students in really reading through each of their syllabi?
>
>Kathy Ryan
>Coordinator, Turning Point Retention Program
>Center for Learning Assistance
>310 Library
>677-4356
>
>"There are no secrets to success.  It is the result of preparation, hard
>work, and learning from failure."
>
>Colin A. Powell

_

In body type: SIGNOFF LRNASST-L