>Greetings LRNASST Subscribers,

I am writing to update and remind you of a few matters pertaining to the NCLCA.

1.DEADLINE EXTENSION. The Call for Proposals for the National College
Learning Center Association 18th Annual Conference in October has been
extended.  The new deadline is Monday, June 16, 2003. Details on how to
submit proposals can be found at www.nclca.org. Please consider submitting
a proposal and join us in Chicago October 1-3.

2. NEW AWARD.  In recognition of Frank Christ's extraordinary contributions
and his continued commitment to the mission of learning centers nationally,
NCLCA has established the NCLCA Frank Christ Outstanding Learning Center
Award. The deadline for applications is Monday, June 20, 2003.  Application
procedures can be found at www.nclca.org.

3. NCLCA GRANT. The purpose of the NCLCA Brenda Pfaehler Professional Grant
is to foster the professional growth of our members. It will be awarded to
members of NCLCA to assist in research, leadership, and/or curriculum
innovation.  Each year, NCLCA sets aside $1,000 to fund one or more
projects. The exact number of awards depends on the quality of the
proposals received. Those selected as grant recipients will be invited to
present the results of their project(s) at the 2004 NCLCA conference, to be
held in Baltimore, MD.  The deadline for applications has been extended to
Monday, June 16, 2003. See www.nclca.org for details.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linda Dixon, Assistant Dean of Students
for Learning Assistance and Retention Programs
and Coordinator for Undergraduate Advising
Miami University
Bernard B. Rinella, Jr. Learning Assistance Center
301 South Campus Avenue, Room 23
Oxford, OH  45056
513-529-8741, FAX 513-529-8799

This electronic mail may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and, or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other
than its intended recipient (s). Any dissemination or use of this
electronic email or its contents by persons other than the intended
recipient (s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please notify me immediately by reply email and delete the original
message. Thank you.

In body type: SIGNOFF LRNASST-L