At the beginning of each semester, I send out an e-mail to all faculty
plus I put flyers in all mailboxes telling the instructors that Tutoring
Center staff will be visiting as many classes as possible to inform
students about the services available in the Tutoring Center.  I also
tell the instructors that, if they would prefer to have the Tutoring
Center staff come at a specific time, please contact me to schedule
appointments for visits to their classes.  In seven years, I have only
had three instructors ask us not to enter their classrooms unannounced.
We always wait until at least the second class meeting, and the
instructors are almost always very happy to give us a couple of minutes.
Granted, we are a small campus, with only a small number of classes to
visit each hour.  This keeps the tutors very busy at first, but we have
a lot of students who come in to ask about services they heard about
during these visits.

Kathy Gutierrez
Santiago Canyon College
Tutoring Center