Has anyone seen/done any work on the use of social networks as a tool for
storytelling or jogging one's memory?  Or has there been any work where
externally generated social network (visualizations?) are given to an
individual as a starting point for ethnographies?  Or have they been used
as an artifact that encourages self-reflection?

I'm grappling with how social networks can be personally meaningful, not
simply a tool for an outsider to analyze people/groups or a tool for
indicating social status.

Any leads or suggestions would be great!

danah

--
- - - - - - - - - d a n a h ( d o t ) o r g - - - - - - - - -

so i walk like i'm on a mission . cuz that's the way i groove
i got more and more to do . i got less and less to prove
it took me too long to realize . that i don't take good pictures
cuz i have the kind of beauty . that moves
                             (ani difranco | www.danah.org/Ani)