Sounds like there are lot's of options.  We have used Websurveyor with success.

It has a capability for large networks that guards against a kind of "survey fatigue."  One can cluster a longer list (e.g., 160 individuals we did recently) by category (25 country locations in our case).  Then ask the somewhat more manageable question of interaction by category and follow up with only those people from those categories.  When one is relatively certain that people remember the categories of node's they interact with accurately, it has overcome the ennui inherent in plowing through a very long list of possible connections.
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Whitcomb [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 3:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: SOCNET: online NETWORK surveys

These products will translate to network surveys as long as they have a "check all that apply" response type
(check boxes rather than radio buttons).

Cheers,
Michael

At 03:19 PM 6/13/2003 -0400, Valdis Krebs wrote:
*****  To join INSNA, visit http://www.sfu.ca/~insna/ *****

How are these products for typical *network surveys*?  ...where a roster of names are given and the survey repondent answers several network questions [With whom do you...? To whom do you go to...?] about each name on the roster?

Network surveys are not your typical true/false and multiple choice instruments.

Valdis

---- "Bruce A. Heiman" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> *****  To join INSNA, visit http://www.sfu.ca/~insna/ *****
>
> (implied de-lurk)
> Hi-
>
> I can't offer a comparison, but I can assert that I am very
> happy with Createsurvey.com. I use it (mostly) for customized
> student-surveys of satisfaction with my classes at SF State--I
> can see how it would be great for surveying a dispersed grou[ of
> people via web. It works great, and has the features I need
> (e.g., downloads in excel format, multiple question-types, and
> closed surveys for surveying private groups). Overall I am very
> satisfied with this service.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Bruce Heiman
>

> --- Cynthia Typaldos <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > *****  To join INSNA, visit http://www.sfu.ca/~insna/ *****
> >
> > Just a comment on your choice of survey tool.  We haven't used
> > Servelum but
> > will consider it for our next survey as it sounds good.  The
> > one we have
> > been using, which is free with unlimited number of questions
> > and responders,
> > is createsurvey.com.  We've been satisfied with it and has all
> > of the
> > features you list for Servelum.
> >
> > If anyone has used both and can give a quick competitive
> > analysis, that
> > would be great.
> >
> > Cynthia Typaldos
> > www.softwareproductmarketing.com

Michael Whitcomb
Assistant Director of Institutional Research
Wesleyan University
237 High Street, 305 North College
Middletown, CT 06459-0280

Phone 860.685.5340