I have a question for the collected wisdom of the list. I have data that
contain (binary, undirected) ego networks which contain only one tie and am
using ego density as a measure. Technically, density is undefined for
networks of size 1. How have researchers dealt with this in practice? Have
they excluded records containing such observations from statistical analysis
(i.e., listwise deletion) or have they set density equal to zero in such
cases? Are there other options to consider? Any suggestions would be most
welcome. Thanks in advance.

Corey Phelps
Management & Organization
School of Business