I've been lurking on this list for a couple of months now trying to learn
the basics of social networking and how the concept can be applied to
studying the leadership patterns of experienced teachers. Does anyone have
any recommendations of readings to help me get started? I need ground-level
stuff such as what is a social network, how are they identified, why are
they studied, etc. I am also interested to any work being done on social
networks within schools or among educators.

Thanks, Terri