Catherine and other SOCNET colleagues,

You ask what kind of attributes i am interested in.  Well i am unsure.  Whiltst i accept 'how' communicaiton occurs in an informal network can be mapped and positions quantified by SNA, the only explaination for 'why' they occur this way is based around the SNA quantitative data/paradigm.  Regarding innovations, there are many attributes related to the innovation, cost, advantages, drivers behind it etc etc (Rogers early stuff) and the type of social system it is diffused into, interest rates, political system, level of competition etc etc.  This is before we start to consider elements concerning the actors, education, value systems, individual drivers etc.  If occurs to me that there are all these complementary 'softer' issues that actually contribute to the network which i want to include.

I hope you can make sense of this.

Kind regards
Graeme Larsen
Doctoral Researcher