-------- Original Message --------
From:   solange leibovici <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:        Re: optimism
To:     PSYART <[log in to unmask]>

From: s.leibovici@chello <mailto:s.leibovici@chello>

Dear mister Schlamilch from Amsterdam,

I may be wrong of course but this is how I read dr. Koenigsberg's
message. I thought it was a very Freudian look on mankind: pessimistic,
though believing that consciousness about unconscious fantasies and
conflicts could change something. I agree fully with this idea, and
I also believe that pessimism and optimism can go together and even be
felt at the same time, like love and hate (don't we call that ambivalence?).
About your question: "should the true pessimist be excluded from doing
psychotherapy?", that's a question I believe nobody can answer, because
something like a "true pessimist" does not exist. Being a pessimist is
not a personality disorder. Everybody who asks for psychotherapy should
be able to get it!
Best regards,
Solange