I just saw Charles Buhrman's (better) pictures
of the jaeger and see that they clearly show
pointed central retrices. I have no doubts as to
the identification of the bird and veiw Mr. Buhrman's
pictures as confirmation.

Regarding Mr. Buhrman's description of his observation
I too saw the jaeger being mobbed by laughing gulls and
observed it to be the same size. I was originally told of
the bird by a windsurfer who didn't know what it was but
new it wasn't an ordinary gull. When I went looking for
the bird I almost missed it completely. From a distance
I at first assumed it was a juvenile laughing gull.

Bob Richter