The local Chuck-wills-widows have broken their summer vow of silence.  One
sang briefly this morning at about 5:45 AM.  I had not heard one in
probably three weeks.  Post-breeding dispersers are showing up.  There have
been two scruffy looking hatch year parulas around the yard for several
days.  They are singing very odd songs.  One I heard this morning reminded
me somewhat of a House Wren song.

We have visited Guana River SP north beach on the two past weekends.  Not
much to report from there, except an adult, dark-morph Reddish Egret seen
on both visits.  Quite entertaining watching it dancing around in the very
low surf.
Later...

Noel Wamer
Jacksonville, FL, US