The early migrants (or post-breeding wanderers) have started to show at
Emeralda.  I've seen a single Black and White Warbler for the last two
weeks, and last week produced a single American Redstart, but this morning
was a bit more productive.  2 American Redstarts, 2 Black-and-whites, 2
Yellow-throateds , 1 Prairie , 1 Prothonotary, and a half-dozen or so
Northern Parulas were present this morning, along with a single Blue-gray
Gnatcatcher.  Of these, only Northern Parulas are breeding birds in the
areas I normally census.  Other species of note were 6 Black-bellied
Whistling Ducks and a Cooper's Hawk (at least one - I saw a single bird in
three different locations, but it may have been the same individual.)

Peter May
DeLand FL