There have been several recent posts that refer to "intermediate" morph
Reddish Egrets.  As far as I know, and from a limited literature search
since these posts, I am not sure such a critter exists.  I suspect that
these birds are extremes of variation in the plumages of non-adult dark
morph birds, which apparently can be quite variable depending on age/molt
status.

I might be missing something here, or perhaps our resident Reddish Egret
guru, Rich Paul, might chime in with clarifying information.
Later...

Noel Wamer
Jacksonville, FL, US
The badbirdz blog - http://www.badbirdz.com/weblog/