Hey Folks.  I am looking to do some exploring w/ my new camera and thought of the new preserve in Okechobee County that I have not yet visited.  A quick search through the Archives generated some reports of White-tailed Kites and Florida Grasshopper Sparrows as well as Burrowing Owls and Caracaras.  I know several of the park biologists are on this list so I was hoping that either them or anyone else who has bene recently can help me out.  What's around the park these days?  Can someone provide some directions from Orlando?  What's the estimated drive time?  How hard is it to get to the birds (some mentioned that the Kite nests and sparrows were far from public access) and if I was interested in photographing them can I have a vehicle w/ me to photograph from and act as a blind?  I am considering making the trip down early Thursday morning and spending a lot of the day.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Drew Fulton
Orlando, FL - Home
Brunswick, ME - School
Infinte Horizons Photography