So we have 20+ in our yard!

Doug Wassmer & Lilian Saul
Tampa, FL

From: Florida Birds [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Dotty Hull
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 10:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [FLBIRDS] Purple Martins

Hi,
We just returned from a 2 week trip to the northeast and were very
surprised to find we still have 20 to 30 Purple Martins flying around
the house. We have never had this many martins in July. They are staying
in our neighborhood, feeding and resting on our house and spending the
night in the house.

In past years the martins that nested here have left around the first of
June, with small numbers of others stopping by for a day or so.

Are other martin landlords having this experience? It is nice to still
hear their joyful chuckling sounds.
Dotty Hull
Port St. Lucie, FL

Set nomail: Click:  mailto:[log in to unmask] Set floridabirds-l
nomail